Kratos Space is a leader in assured aerospace communication solutions and services. We are cutting-edge innovators and creative problem solvers working collaboratively to solve our customers’ toughest challenges. Kratos is valued for our ability to design and deliver leading edge, resilient solutions for aerospace communication, control, awareness, and mission success across a continuum of offerings—from commercial to tailored custom solutions and integrated programs. We bring both the capability and confidence that our customers value and depend on.
At Kratos, we encourage an entrepreneurial spirit balanced with fiscal and operational discipline. We work hard, we solve hard problems, and we look out for and take care of our customers, each other and our families. Protecting and enabling our customer’s communication systems through innovative aerospace solutions is what motivates us.
We look forward to working with open, honest, caring and passionate individuals that want to bring their diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skills to help us continue to build a great company.
The qualified candidate will:
• Serve as the customer point of contact for all contractual matters during all phases of contract formation and administration to include legal requirements, contract terms, intellectual property and data rights, customer specifications, and government regulations.
• Responsible for management and administration of contracts and ensures compliance with corporate policies and FAR and DFAR and other applicable laws and regulations, as well as overseeing the administration of all customer, subcontractors, vendors, and strategic partner contracts.
• Evaluates contracts for conformance with company policies, practices, and standards to meet business objectives and to ensure compliance with customer specifications and government regulations.
• Review and negotiate terms and conditions proposals, contracts, modifications, and other types of agreements (non-disclosure and teaming agreements, memorandums of understanding, etc.).
• Provide active, creative, and business oriented solutions as part of reviewing solicitations, statement of works, schedules, and deliverables.
• Assist in the evaluation of organizational conflict of interest (OCI) issues and prepare mitigation strategies as necessary.
• Make decisions on wide ranging contract actions that are not well defined or lack precedence.
• Provide guidance on contract matters to project managers or other operational staff, including training new project managers and other employees in contracting practices and procedures.
• Manage diverse employees to achieve individual, team, and organizational success and ensure employee accountability through routine observation, performance measurement, and performance feedback.
• Perform basic administration of contracts/subcontracts such as execute contract processing, assist with project set-up, review invoices, monitor cost and schedule, and closeout.
• Manage centralized file storage and documentation system for all contract-related materials.
• Establish and maintain excellent customer relations both internally and externally.