Kratos is a leading supplier of communication solutions (RF, DSP, and digital) for US Government and commercial aerospace applications including satellites, UAVs, aircraft, tactical radios, missiles, launch vehicles and more. Our innovative products and solutions are used to test, launch, operate, maintain, and assure communications superiority for critical aerospace missions. Our customers trust Kratos to solve their most difficult communications challenges. For a more complete overview of our capabilities see http://www.kratosdefense.com/.
At Kratos, we encourage an entrepreneurial spirit balanced with discipline. We work hard, solve hard problems, and take care of our customers, employees and families. Recognized as thought leaders in our industry, we are motivated by creating and delivering innovative aerospace solutions to our nation and global customers. We proactively build trusted relationships with our peers, partners and customers, and take ownership for our actions—always striving to do the right thing.
Kratos is a trusted global satellite ground system, communications monitoring, interference detection and network management company.
We are seeking a Network Deployment Engineer to join our services delivery team.
Job Duties and Responsibilities include:
• Primary responsibility for deploying new and supporting existing operational solutions tool sets, scripts, software, and services
• Liaison with the Software Development Team to ensure all designs leverage common architectures and services meet Availability, Recoverability, Scalability, & Performance characteristics and can be supported by operations teams and meet customer SLA’s
• Test, validate, and accept new solutions, and transition those solutions to live 24x7 operations
• Gather, analyze, accept, store, and share documentation received during Service Design and created during Service Testing / Deployment
• Schedule and lead / perform change windows when needed for upgrades, fixes, or introducing new services to the network, all while minimizing risk to existing services
• Respond to unplanned service impacting escalations from operations 24/7, by providing SME guidance and/or hands on / remote troubleshooting ensuring Reason for Outage is discovered and service is restored as quickly as possible
• Identify, capture, and distribute root cause analysis and fixes/work arounds to systemic problems impacting customer SLA’s and service delivery
• Identify and produce procedures and training for operations to distribute technical knowledge, enabling quicker fixes and minimizing impact to customer services