GENERAL JOB SUMMARY:
The Mechanical Engineer, Thermal Analysis is responsible for the development of new tactical unmanned aircraft. Assignments will require experience with thermal analysis procedures including hand calculations and thermal finite difference lumped parameter (thermal resistance network) modeling. Mechanical Engineer, Thermal Analysis will take the lead to plan and execute analysis tasks, and propose design solutions, and present results to management and to military and government customers here at KUAS.
May be required to obtain and maintain a U.S. security clearance at the appropriate level (requires U.S. Citizenship)
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Manages effort and time within the budget and schedule provided for the task.
- Understands customer requirements and prepares designs in accordance with customer and derived requirements.
- Prepares formal, controlled engineering documentation (i.e. drawings, specifications, parts lists, interface control documents, test procedures, etc.).
- Prepares and presents design review material in support of technical interchange meetings with suppliers and external/internal customers.
- Ensures customer satisfaction in relation to projects.
- Acts as the Lead Mechanical/Structures/Thermal Engineer per procedure for very complex projects as assigned by Manager that affect multiple systems, involve several suppliers/teaming partners, and require frequent customer interface.
- Acts as Test Director for Mechanical/Structures sub-assemblies and assemblies when necessary..
- Provides direction and oversight, both technically and programmatically, to Mechanical/Structures/ Thermal Engineers.
- Provides interface to other engineering design and development disciplines, ensuring that Mechanical/Structures/Thermal requirements are addressed and satisfied during overall system integration.
- Supports system testing, trouble shooting, and problem resolution.
- Supports flight testing, data reduction, analysis, and reporting.
- Follows safety precautions.
- Complies with established QMS procedures.
Other Job Functions