Kratos is a leading supplier of communication solutions (RF, DSP, and digital) for US Government and commercial aerospace applications including satellites, UAVs, aircraft, tactical radios, missiles, launch vehicles and more. Our innovative products and solutions are used to test, launch, operate, maintain, and assure communications superiority for critical aerospace missions. Our customers trust Kratos to solve their most difficult communications challenges. For a more complete overview of our capabilities see http://www.kratosdefense.com/.
At Kratos, we encourage an entrepreneurial spirit balanced with discipline. We work hard, solve hard problems, and take care of our customers, employees and families. Recognized as thought leaders in our industry, we are motivated by creating and delivering innovative aerospace solutions to our nation and global customers. We proactively build trusted relationships with our peers, partners and customers, and take ownership for our actions—always striving to do the right thing.
Integration Team, CONOPS & First Flight
The Kratos Space CONOPS & First Flight Integration (CFFI) team for our Edge/Tactical Solutions (ETS) business works collaboratively with commercial and federal customers to understand customer concepts of operations (CONOPS), develop needs-based use cases, guide Kratos Edge product and solution technology roadmaps and prioritize/implement customer and channel partner proofs and pilot demos.
The CFFI team leverages innovative commercial Kratos Edge solution technologies to solve customer technical and business challenges; reduce risk through early proof of concept demonstrations; maturation of solutions through first flight or first article integration; and support of solution on-boarding (advocacy & adoption).
As an Applications Software Development Engineer for the ETS CFFI Team, you will be responsible for software development / customization required for prototyping, implementation, test, and deployment of our cloud-based OpenSpace Edge Software Defined Network (SDN) solutions to successfully demonstrate operation and performance for tactical Edge communication applications (SATCOM ground terminals / gateways and Multi-access Edge Compute (MEC) deployments).
ETS CFFI team members focus on understanding customer’s technical requirements, operational objectives, use cases and implementation challenges/constraints to architect, develop, and test the optimal solution. This position is responsible for all of the software development/implementation aspects within the system architecture and will work closely with other technical, management, and sales disciplines to provide customer-focused solutions:
- Develop complete understanding and expertise of our OpenSpace Edge SDN platform for gateway, terminal and MEC deployments
- Understand customer operational / performance needs for deriving/defining software architecture or corresponding design implementation and configuration details to ensure success
- Wide range of hands-on tasks including:
- System-level engineering
- Software development (new or customization), integration and test
- System administration and deployment configuration
- Provide direct customer support of pilot demonstrations (travel may be required)
- Provide product feedback to product teams based on customer application experiences
- Support product team with development or I&T tasks (when availability allows)