The Director of Proposal Management will be responsible for leading and providing proposal expertise to the Kratos Training Solutions business unit in response to Government requests for Proposals/Information, ROMs, Budgetary Estimates (BE) and White Papers. The Director of Proposal Management will lead all proposal development, and evaluate RFP/RFI/ROM/BE requirements. Duties include performing all tasks related to leading proposal teams, preparing support artifacts and assisting with writing when required, managing proposal development activities and responsibility for assessing and ensuring compelling, complete, and compliant proposal responses. Responsibility for all submissions to the customer rest solely on the Director of Proposal Management. They will be required to ensure other departments meet the timeline for all submissions and verify and validate all data required was submitted accurately and timely.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Lead and manage the overall proposal development process from request through submission.
- Oversee/produce schedules, outlines, compliance matrices, proposal kickoffs, technical solution sessions and estimation strategy.
- Ensure technical solution, and a clear understanding of the requirements are well-articulated and consistent throughout final proposal documents.
- Assess the quality of the Basis of Estimates (BOEs) to determine if they are clear and complete, ensure that adequate quantitative backup for the estimates are in place, and are traceable to the pricing data.
- Facilitate proposal reviews (e.g., Proposal Development Reviews and Color Teams Reviews) and make ongoing recommendations to ensure compliance.
- Develop Win Themes and identified Discriminator through collaboration with Capture Leads
- Collaborate with Training Solutions business unit Departmental and Functional Leads, partners, and subject matter experts to provide proposal leadership, support, and overall direction.
- Maintain tight, proactive communication with Training Solutions business unit Leadership to ensure all necessary resources and activities are available to achieve a successful response submission.
- Manage multiple proposal tasks, sometimes with rapid turnaround deadlines.
NON-ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
Perform as the Deputy to the VP of Business Development when requested and during periods of the VP or BD’s absence.
The extent of this role as a supervisory manager will only be during those times while performing as Deputy when requested solely by the VP of BD.
Check the appropriate box that reflects the authority or responsibility that this position will have:
X Assign Work ? Discipline ? Hiring ? Approval of Leave Use ? Evaluation ? Termination