Kratos Defense and Rocket Support Services is currently seeking a Test and Evaluation Engineer for a contingent opportunity in Dahlgren, VA.
Duties and Responsibilities will include:
- Maintain the schedule for range activities based on Government-approved inputs.
- Perform receipt inspection of test hardware and ordnance. All incoming test ordnance is received from the Ammunition Services, Experimental Explosive Area (EEA), or external sources. Upon receipt to the test area, shall inspect to verify it meets the test configuration requirement, and then process for testing.
- Conduct test site preparations. This function includes cleanup from previous testing, setup and fabrication of test fixtures (including masonry, carpentry, metalworking, etc.), setup of arenas, instrumentation, cameras, gun systems, and targets.
- Conduct setup of the test and instrumentation as per the test plan and appropriate safety documents. Monitor and acquire the data as per the test plan and process the test data in the appropriate format to the test engineer. Data measurements include: temperature, pressure, strain, standard video, still photography, high speed video, flight follower video, displacement, velocity, acceleration, dispersion, and Inter-Range Instrumentation Group (IRIG) timing.
- Conduct screening, handling, transporting, arming, firing, and other operational functions.
- Provide technical support during the planning of specific test programs. Test programs occur at the component, subsystem, and system level for a specific weapon or weapon system. This support involves coordinating with technical programs at NSWCDD as well as external customers to recommend specific test requirements, standard operating procedures and desired test date(s).
- Attend test coordination meetings, provide technical inputs, and maintain a record of action items assigned. Track action item resolution and report on same at future meetings.
- Technically review test plans and procedures prepared by others and provide technical recommendations.
- Input financial and procurement information to Government databases (IBPES, SCOPE, TRIDDS).
- Track shipments associated with NSWCDD range requirements in order to ensure that E40 remains aware of the current status of each requirement.
- Track test program progress against Work Break