Kratos Defense and Rocket Support Services is currently seeking an Engineer Technician V for a contingent opportunity in Dahlgren, VA.
- Designs, develops, and constructs major units, devices, and equipment; conducts tests and experiments; analyzes results and redesigns and modifies equipment to improve performance; and reports results
- From guidelines and specifications (e.g., size or weight requirements), develops designs for equipment (e.g., engine parts, research instruments, and special purpose circuitry).
- Analyzes technical data to identify design problems; selects from several possible design layouts; calculates design data; and prepares layouts, detailed specifications, parts lists, estimates, procedures, etc.
- Check and analyze drawings and equipment to determine adequacy of design
- Makes recommendations for tests to evaluate equipment performance. Determines test requirements, equipment modification, and test procedures; conducts tests using all types of instruments; analyzes and evaluates test results, and prepares reports on findings and recommendations.