Kratos Space is a leader in assured aerospace communication solutions and services. We are cutting-edge innovators and creative problem solvers working collaboratively to solve our customers’ toughest challenges. Kratos is valued for our ability to design and deliver leading edge, resilient solutions for aerospace communication, control, awareness and mission success across a continuum of offerings—from commercial to tailored custom solutions and integrated programs. We bring both the capability and confidence that our customers value and depend on.
At Kratos, we encourage an entrepreneurial spirit balanced with fiscal and operational discipline. We work hard, we solve hard problems, and we look out for and take care of our customers, each other and our families. Protecting and enabling our customer’s communication systems through innovative aerospace solutions is what motivates us.
We look forward to working with open, honest, caring and passionate individuals that want to bring their diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skills to help us continue to build a great company.
We have an excellent opportunity for a Software Systems Engineer where remote work is available.
Act as a technical SME and system administrator for the Kratos Space CRM and ITSM system. The individual will be responsible for development and maintenance of the internal Microsoft Dynamics 365 CRM platform and the ideal candidate will have sound knowledge in Dynamics CRM/ITSM entities, workflows, configurations, customization development, integration development, reporting, dashboards, web resources, CRM/ITSM solution file management, security model and UI development. Additional areas of responsibility may include project management, and support service management.
The candidate must be detail-oriented and have the ability to manage and prioritize multiple demands from a large user base. The candidate should have deep knowledge of Dynamics 365 CRM/ITSM in all technical and functional areas and strong BI skills.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Leading or participating in design and architecture sessions with key business users, gathering and documenting business processes and requirements for the system
- Architecting the CRM and ITSM system, related customizations and reports to model the businesses organizational process
- Advising business users on best practices for CRM/ITSM, development or integration processes
- Balance business users requests and requirements with technical constraints
- Writing technical specifications for planned work
- Mocking up specifications for our overseas Live Services team, and facilitating the completion, testing and deployment of development projects
- Installing and maintaining versions of 3rd party products
- Building and configuring CRM/ITSM forms, views, dashboards and workflows
- Developing SSRS reports using Microsoft SQL and Power BI
- Working closely with BI project teams or other resources for completion of projects related to the CRM/ITSM system
- Working with internal support members to resolve technical issues with servers, ETL packages, SQL, SSRS and other related technologies to the internal CRM/ITSM system
- Maintain code repository, Jira backlog and git source control
- Effectively utilize SDKs and 3rd party tools for administration of CRM/ITSM system
- Regularly communicating with the Business Systems Manager and business users on the status of issues and projects
- Coordinate with Business Systems Manager to ensure overall business solution is positioned and implemented in line with global architecture and roadmap
- Estimating the completion of tasks and managing resource time
- Ensuring consistent release management, change management and project approval processes
- Support of the application including fixing application issues