Kratos is looking for an IT Support Manager in the San Diego, CA area.
Kratos Defense & Security Solutions, Inc. (NASDAQ:KTOS) develops and fields transformative, affordable technology, platforms, and systems for United States National Security related customers, allies, and commercial enterprises.
At Kratos, we encourage an entrepreneurial spirit balanced with discipline. We work hard, and take care of our customers, employees and families. Recognized as thought leaders in our industry, we are motivated by creating and delivering innovative solutions to our nation and global customers. We proactively build trusted relationships with our peers, partners and customers, and take ownership for our actions—always striving to do the right thing.
Kratos offers medical, dental, vision, life, short and long term disabiity insurance, 401(k) savings plan, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), paid time off, paid holidays, tuition reimbursement, and more.
GENERAL JOB SUMMARY:
Manages the activities and personnel of the IT Support center (help desk). Manages, perhaps through subordinate supervisors, the coordination of the activities of a section or department with responsibility for results, including costs, methods, and staffing.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Plans, organizes, schedules, and supervises the day-to-day technical support activities, including troubleshooting, customer service escalations, approvals, and installations.
• Ensures the operation is in accordance with the established procedures and practices.
• Monitors performance of support personnel, reviewing response times, problem logs, and trends in problems reported.
• Establishes and maintains positive, productive relationship with operational stakeholders, staff, and partners.
• Provides 24/7 executive support.
• Measures, monitors, and maintains team’s ability to meet SLA’s.
• Recommends strategies and/or hardware/software enhancements to increase employee productivity.
• Selects, develops, and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
• Receives assignments in the form of objectives and determines how to use resources to meet schedules and goals.
• Provides guidance to subordinates within the latitude of established company policies.
• Recommends changes to policies and establishes procedures that affect immediate organization(s).
• Works on issues of diverse scope where analysis of situation or data requires evaluation of a variety of factors, including an understanding of current business trends.
• Follows processes and operational policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
• Acts as advisor to subordinate(s) to meet schedules and/or resolve technical problems.
• Frequently interacts with subordinate supervisors, customers, and/or functional peer group managers, normally involving matters between functional areas, other company divisions or units, or customers and the company.
• Reviews department costs and assists with AOP forecasting.
• Oversees management of mobility environment.
• Oversees management of equipment and parts inventory.
• Oversees management of enterprise licensing.
• May lead a collaborative effort among members of a project team.
This position has direct supervisory responsibilities.