Kratos is a leading supplier of communication solutions (RF, DSP, and digital) for US Government and commercial aerospace applications including satellites, UAVs, aircraft, tactical radios, waveforms, SATCOM terminal technologies, launch, operate, maintain, and assure communications superiority for critical aerospace missions. Our customers trust Kratos to solve their most difficult communications challenges.
At Kratos, we encourage an entrepreneurial spirit balanced with discipline. We work hard, solve hard problems, and take care of our customers, employees and families. Recognized as thought leaders in our industry, we are motivated by creating and delivering innovative aerospace solutions to our nation and global customers. We proactively build trusted relationships with our peers, partners and customers, and take ownership for our actions—always striving to do the right thing.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Lead Program Manager in our Chantilly, VA office.
The Lead Program Manager works with our customers and teams to ensure the successful execution of Edge / Tactical Solutions (ETS) programs/projects for our Edge / Tactical Solutions business. The role encompasses elements of Program Management, Project Management, and leadership, combined with knowledge of Systems Engineering and over-the-air communications technologies. The successful candidate will have oversight of and responsibility for successfully executing all Edge Tactical Solutions (ETS) projects, either directly or via the team of Project Managers that reports to the Lead Program Manager .
Description of Duties:
- Successful execution on all projects within the Edge / Tactical Solutions business.
- Lead a team of Project Managers and associated personnel.
- Lead selection of tools, processes, and procedures within our Solutions group necessary for project success.
- Work with other solutions development team leaders across the Kratos organization.
- Primary interface to PMO.
- Develop a practical knowledge of ETS solutions.
- Lead highly technical engineering teams on challenging projects and manage project technical and business baselines.
- Manage the technical, schedule, quality, risk and cost objectives for customer programs in our ETS business.
- Properly manage classified information and activities.
- Manage customer expectations.
- Interface directly with customers to ensure project requirements are met and guarantee our performance meets or exceeds customer expectations.
- Direct project personnel resources to accomplish milestones.
- Manage sub-contractors and vendors.
- Develop and deliver effective customer presentations (design reviews, status reports, kickoff meetings, test plans) demonstrating an ability to communicate comfortably at a system level.
- Report on project financial performance and schedule performance to senior management on a monthly basis.
- Travel as necessary to attend conferences and customer meetings.