GENERAL JOB SUMMARY:
Grind, sand, and fill fiberglass and composite products to meet finish requirements. Remove protective coatings using chemical and mechanical methods. Mask and prepare parts for final paint. Un-mask and clean final product.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
The duties and responsibilities listed below apply to all levels of Grinder/Sanders. Each level of Grinder/Sander has additional duties and responsibilities listed.
- Uses machine and hand finishing techniques to smooth and blend rough components into finished products.
- Operates shop related machinery to include ventilation booths, ovens, pneumatic tools, common hand tools, and scales.
- Interprets and follow manufacturing orders and drawings.
- Documents Travelers and Charts accurately.
- Supports and exhibits the focus of zero defects as well as “right-the-first-time” approach.
- Inspects finished product for conformance to specifications. Follows FOD (foreign object prevention) practices.
- Handles, applies, stores and disposes of composite materials, adhesives, sealants, resins and solvents in accordance with company and environmental requirements
- May work from verbal and/or written Manufacturing Order instructions.
- May occasionally perform common tasks outside the scope of this job description in support of production operations.
- Maintains a clean work area and ensuring strict adherence to the 5S Standards.
- Routinely meets or exceeds productivity and quality standards commensurate with level of position.
- Complies with established QMS procedures.
- Complies with established safety directives.
- Works under close supervision.
- Performs routine, non-complex work assignments within scope of primary duties and responsibilities listed above.
- Works under limited supervision.
- Performs routine and non-routine intermediate levels of work assignments within scope of duties and responsibilities listed above.
- May have a limited role in training Grinder/Sander I, when directed by area supervisor.
- Works under minimal supervision.
- Performs advanced, routine and/or non-routine work assignments within scope of duties and responsibilities listed above.
- Provides input on continuous improvement projects, working closely with supervisors and engineering personnel to champion changes.
- Responsible for the direct training and supervision of the work quality of less skilled Grinder/Sanders.
Other Job Functions
- Assists co-workers within immediate department as required.
- Assists outside department personnel per Supervisor request or approval.
- May be trained and cross-utilized to perform technical tasks outside the scope of this job description in support of production operations.
- Accurately tracks and records time spent on jobs within the required computer systems in accordance with company procedures
- Other duties as assigned