Kratos Defense Rocket Support Services is seeking Engineering Interns to participate in design and analysis of unguided and guided suborbital launch vehicles. Applicant would be responsible for analyzing all elements of launch vehicle flight performance including configuration development, aerodynamics, mass properties, propulsion, trajectory simulation, dispersion estimates, launch parameters and in-flight performance.
- Analyze launch vehicle configurations and perform trade studies to support mission development.
- Perform aerodynamic analysis to determine aerodynamic force and moment coefficients.
- Manage and report overall vehicle mass properties.
- Create, shape and analyze ballistic trajectory simulations.
- Perform Monte Carlo dispersion analysis for guided and unguided launch vehicles.
- Provide ballasting recommendations and wind-weighting support for launch operations.
- Data analysis related to flight performance and Monte Carlo trajectory simulations.