Kratos Defense Rocket Support Services is seeking a Mechanical Engineering Intern to participate in design and analysis of unguided and guided suborbital launch vehicle structures and mechanisms. Mechanical engineering applicants would be responsible for analyzing flight vehicles and subsystems.
- Design launch vehicle components and structures given specified flight loads.
- Generate engineering drawings and flight vehicle renderings of mission specific configurations for use in engineering reports and presentations.
- Analyze launch vehicle components and structures using FEA methods.
- Determine margins of safety for launch vehicle components and structures for specified Factors of Safety.
- Generate test plans and test reports for structural load and deployment testing of flight structures, separation systems and fin structures.
- Support mechanical testing of flight vehicle structures and mechanisms.