Experience and Skills
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Proficient with the use of a computer, including the ability to enter and retrieve information
- Excellent organizational and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to multi-task and adjust to changing work priorities
- Possesses or able to obtain US Passport/VISA.
- Holds or able to obtain US Government security clearance
Additional Desirable Qualifications:
- FAA aircraft inspection certification
- FAA Aircraft & Power Plant License or, equivalent positions/responsibilities with time-in-service in US Military.
- Experience with machining and composites manufacturing
- Quality experience in DoD or aerospace industry
- Knowledge and experience with AS9100 and/or ISO 9001:2008
- Experience with Government problem reporting systems
- Experience with Government logistical support command/systems
- Experience using Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing (GD&T)
- Familiar with IPC standards
- America Welding Society/Certified Welding Inspector
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Each successive level of Quality Engineer builds on the identified education and experience listed for the previous level(s) Quality Engineer.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent experience
- A minimum of 10 years of diversified maintenance and or inspection experience as an Aircraft and Power plant mechanic on fixed or rotary wing aircraft
WORK ENVIRONMENT / PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Office and or manufacturing environment
- May be exposed to possible shop hazards including high noise level, high pressure equipment, chemicals, and shop traffic.
- Must be able to perform and or supervise all activities normally found in aircraft maintenance and aircraft flight facilities.
- Must be able to travel domestically and internationally
- May work extended hours or weekends, including deployments which may require prolonged stays for up to 3 weeks
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Employee may generate, handle, manage, or work around hazardous materials and hazardous wastes.
15% Travel required between KUAS and customer/vendor locations.