The Senior Quality Engineer (SQE) will support development and production activities for Florida Turbine Technologies, Inc. a division of Kratos commercial and government customers to focused on:
- The development and production of small, affordable, high-performance jet engines for cruise missiles and unmanned aerial systems (UAS).
- Providing turbomachinery and propulsion related solutions across a broad range of industry and space applications.
The SQE is responsible for maintaining quality certifications, product audits, and processes to develop, test, qualify and field complex mechanical and electronic assemblies. Candidates will work with program managers, chief engineers, multiple discipline engineers and manufacturing vendors to ensure tasks are completed with focus of superior quality assurance, low cost, on-time delivery, and achieving technical objectives. The PQE will serve as the day-to-day quality assurance technical interface with subcontractors, program IPTs and customers. The SQE will report to senior leadership and will provide regular informal and formal status on quality initiatives.
- Assures that initial program proposal quality requirements are appropriate and adhered to during execution.
- Assures program required quality management systems are maintained and continually improved.
- Provide on-site supplier development support in manufacturing and quality management system processes.
- Perform surveillance and audit activities designed to manage, monitor, and improve quality / workmanship performance.
- Establish positive working relationships while addressing compliant issues with in-process and delivered hardware and overall quality management practices.
- Perform process and product audits along with capacity assessments to ensure that processes are robust and capable.
- Work to prevent/minimize business impact from supplied material defects and work to limit risk mitigation issues.
- Perform and/or coordinate specification compliance reviews, first article inspections, and source inspections.
- Initiate corrective action requests and work with quality assurance, manufacturing, and engineering personnel to identify root causes and ensure robust corrective actions are implemented.
- Lead and report on quality performance management activities by analyzing performance data and identifying opportunities for improvement.
- Perform investigations into quality issues which may require using a high degree of ingenuity, creativity, and innovation to ensure that robust corrective actions are implemented.
- Communicate with customer and government quality assurance representatives.
- Interface with Program Managers, Supplier Quality, Program IPT and Customer Quality representatives.
- Candidate must possess a Bachelor of Science in Engineering or equivalent degree from an ABET-accredited university with at least (5) five years of relevant experience with complex mechanical and electronic assemblies in a production environment.
- Candidate must possess a general working knowledge of Gas Turbine Engine design, manufacturing, and operation.
- In lieu of degree, High School Diploma/GED with a minimum of (15) fifteen years of experience in quality engineering under an AS9100 system or equivalent experience in NASA, DOD or aerospace manufacturing quality control.
- Candidate must have certification, or proven experience in quality engineering, manufacturing and production programs.
- Candidate must have working knowledge of AS9100 or equivalent Quality Management System.
- Candidate must be able to work with project managers, quality engineers, design & manufacturing engineers, and suppliers to ensure quality requirements are understood and communicated effectively.
- Candidate must be capable of supporting KTT with evaluation of process requirements changes, provider/supplier quality certification status, and trend assessments of quality metrics.
- Candidate must have the ability to read and interpret blueprints/schematics, CAD models, specifications, and contract quality requirements.
- Candidate will help maintain and provide customer hardware pedigree review training.
- Candidate must be able to communicate with customer and government quality assurance representatives.
- Candidate must be able to demonstrate personal organizational skills, attention to detail and ability to work with people across Kratos and supplier’s organizations.
- Experience using Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, & Outlook) and the ability to write technical documents is required.
- Candidate must have demonstrated experience effectively communicating within a team environment.
- The position requires candidates to be capable of performing in a collaborative engineering and manufacturing environment working closely with multi-disciplinary teams.
- Candidate must be able to lift 25 lbs.
Preference shown to candidates who have experience with:
- Certified as 6 Sigma Black Belt.
- DOD or NASA systems engineering practices and processes.
- Human rating of space hardware and systems
- Served as a quality lead in a small or medium size enterprise during hardware development and production programs.
- Implemented QMS in a design, development and manufacturing environment.
- Experience in a start-up environment.