GENERAL JOB SUMMARY:
Reporting to the Trade Compliance Manager the Senior Trade Compliance Analyst is responsible to collaborate with functional departments to ensure legal compliance and provide import/export administration and control within government rules and regulations, including appropriate licensing related to the import and export of hardware (e.g. parts, aircraft) and technical data here at KUAS.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Reviews and interprets contracts for requirements and ensures appropriate stakeholders understand requirements related to import/export regulations.
- Investigates and recommends resolutions for all international related activities that deviates from established policy, procedure, or practice as necessary. Implements agreed upon resolution.
- Responsible for maintaining adequate recordkeeping systems for trade compliance due diligence.
- Administers the Foreign Person access program.
- Reviews, approves and coordinates international travel documents related to U.S. trade laws
- Identifies, creates and presents training for all levels of personnel to ensure shared understanding and compliance to relevant requirements.
- Verifies proper export jurisdiction and classifications for products, technical data/technology and software in accordance with applicable U.S. export controls (EAR and ITAR).
- Drafts and files export/import license applications, following up as required for timely responses and closure to open requests.
- Responsible for providing guidance to internal customers regarding import/export issues to assure full compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Works with Trade Compliance Manager on implementation and monitoring of processes to support trade compliance requirements.
- Coordinates and approves international shipments in accordance with U.S. trade laws
- Completes Visual Compliance Screenings
- Continues to keep self-informed of developing regulatory changes applicable to operations.
Other Job Functions
- Other duties may be assigned.