Kratos is a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment that is team oriented and relationship driven to foster innovation and creativity within the space industry. Our motto "Ready For What's Next" reflects a commitment to continually leveraging our technical and intellectual strengths for the ultimate success of our customers.
Kratos is a leader in satellite command and control solutions focused on DoD, Civil (NOAA/NASA), and classified customers. We are an agile and innovative solutions provider in that we integrate Kratos-developed products with 3rd party software, as well as design and develop new tools and applications to provide end-to-end systems that solve mission unique requirements.
The Proposal Manager Lead will drive the overall proposal capture and development effort by leading a cross-functional team to develop responses that are compelling, compliant, and timely.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Lead the Kratos Proposal team. Review RFIs, RFPs, and RFQs carefully and thoroughly to develop a response plan and provide guidance and leadership for the proposal effort
- Creates proposal management plan, proposal kick-off meeting materials, proposal outline, and response schedule to guide the team in developing the response
- Facilitates the creation of the capture/strategy/solution sessions for the response to develop win themes, differentiators, and a compelling solution that addresses the SOW and evaluation criteria
- Leads the proposal kickoff meeting to discuss proposal requirements, writing assignments, win themes, and schedules
- Leads the proposal status meetings and debrief meetings
- Facilitates/coordinates responses to questions regarding RFPs/RFIs
- Writes proposal sections or whole proposals depending on the nature of the tasks required
- Schedules and manage all reviews to ensure that all responses are compelling, compliant, and well written
- Manages technical writing assignments to ensure that submissions are compliant with the outline and RFP instructions and address win themes
- Oversees the proposal production and delivery, ensuring quality and compliance with all RFP requirements
- Capture lessons learned and implement improvements to the proposal process and content
- Reviews proposal sections developed by members of proposal teams, providing guidance and recommendations, and editing sections as appropriate
- Reviews and analyzes solicitation and related documents, ensuring final proposal product is compliant and delivered on schedule
- Leads gate reviews of proposal materials developed by other proposal managers for compliance and proposal readiness to submit.
- Drives compliance to good proposal management techniques and processes and procedures
- Lead regular proposal progress status meetings and maintain the proposal schedule
- Leads Pink, Blue, and Red Team reviews
- Work with the Volume Leaders to ensure inter-volume compatibility is achieved
- Develop a Red Team plan for the final review and internal evaluation of the proposal
- Ensure that appropriate Red Team comments are incorporated into the final proposal
- Other reasonable and normal duties associated with the Proposal Manager position, as directed by the Director of Contracts, Business Development/Capture Manager
- Identifies support and resources needs from the functional organizations, as well as contractors and subcontractors.
- Works with Program Managers assigned by the VP of Programs to support the proposal activity as well as ensure smooth transition from proposal to execution, ensuring proposal commitments are understood early and thoroughly, enhancing programmatic situational awareness.