GENERAL JOB SUMMARY:
Performs entry level to specialized project assistance in Engineering. Performs research as assigned and applies academic theory, training and education to real life work situations and environments; performs related work as required.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Manages effort and time within the budget and schedule provided for the task.
- Prepares draft engineering documentation (ie. drawings, specifications, parts lists, interface control documents, test procedures, etc.).
- Prepares and updates Redlined documentation such as Specifications and Procedures.
- Organizes engineering data produced by the Engineering Department.
- Formats, composes, proofreads and finalizes internal and external correspondence including; memos, letters, reports, manuals, procedures, presentations, and bulletins. Prepares and routes Engineering Change Notices (ECN’s) produced by the department.
- Tracks ECR’s to completion.
- Prepares and processes Purchase Requests from the department.
- Makes copies, collates, binds and staples documents and reports, organize and maintain appropriate filing system.
- Supports and maintains schedules for Internal Department use.
- Assists with assigned projects as required.
- Attends vendor, customer and IPT Engineering meetings as required. Prepares agenda, presentation materials, and minutes.
- Makes arrangements necessary for onsite meetings, including meetings with vendors as needed.
Non-Essential Job Duties (formerly Other Job Functions)
- Interfaces with others within department.
- Interfaces with Planning, Accounting, Programs, and other departments as needed.
- Will interface with vendors regarding meeting arrangements.
- Must accurately charge time spent on jobs.
- Other duties may be assigned.