Kratos Space is a leader in assured aerospace communication solutions and services. We are cutting-edge innovators and creative problem solvers working collaboratively to solve our customers’ toughest challenges. Kratos is valued for our ability to design and deliver leading-edge, resilient solutions for aerospace communication, control, awareness, and mission success across a continuum of offerings—from commercial to tailored custom solutions and integrated programs. We bring both the capability and confidence that our customers value and depend on.
Kratos maintains and offers products that make up the core communications technology stack of many companies in the space community. As our product offering has moved from hardware to software, we have seen an ever-increasing adoption of our products to satisfy their satellite communications needs. A candidate in this position will join a team of sales engineers, software developers, DSP engineers, and subject matter experts to solve customer needs.
The candidate must be detailed, and customer service oriented with excellent organizational skills. This position requires a high level of oral and written correspondence with engineers, customers, and internal stakeholders to ensure the timely completion of assigned tasks while maintaining customer satisfaction. This person should have solid written and verbal communication skills and must be able to work well with others.
An ideal candidate will have some experience in space, ideally communications systems, and is excited to work for a company that is revolutionizing the satellite communications industry.
Job Duties Include:
- Work alongside business development and sales teams to review and gather technical requirements, develop quotes and proposals to be submitted to the customer, receive and track customer technical inquiries and generate sales call reports to communicate with customers and internal resources via CRM database.
- Provide product expertise to individuals within the organization, specifically sales and marketing teams.
- Provide demonstrations of Kratos products to customers either in cloud environments and/or onsite, work with customers onsite to take live passes, and participate in proof of concepts.
- Contact and engage with customers to determine mission requirements.
- Compose technical proposals based on customer needs/specifications.
- Potential travel to customer sites to perform installations, testing, verification, validation, and/or live satellite contact/compatibility testing.
The candidate can be expected to develop:
- A working knowledge of cloud and virtual environments to include: Azure, AWS, Google, VMWare, Docker, and OpenStack.
- An understanding of satellite communications including digital signal processing, system networking and architectures related to satellite systems, and satellite concepts of operations.
- Opportunities to engage with leading players in the space industry, including NASA, NOAA, DOD, Blue Origin, JHU APL, LMCO, Northrop Grumman, Boeing, and many more.