Kratos Space is a leader in assured aerospace communication solutions and services. We are cutting-edge innovators and creative problem solvers working collaboratively to solve our customers’ toughest challenges. Kratos is valued for our ability to design and deliver leading edge, resilient solutions for aerospace communication, control, awareness and mission success across a continuum of offerings—from commercial to tailored custom solutions and integrated programs. We bring both the capability and confidence that our customers value and depend on.
At Kratos, we encourage an entrepreneurial spirit balanced with fiscal and operational discipline. We work hard, we solve hard problems, and we look out for and take care of our customers, each other and our families. Protecting and enabling our customer’s communication systems through innovative aerospace solutions is what motivates us.
We look forward to working with open, honest, caring and passionate individuals that want to bring their diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skills to help us continue to build a great company.
We have an exciting new opportunity for a Project Engineer. The successful candidate will work with the design team and be the authority for assigned projects. The Project Engineer supports the development and maintenance of the technical plan from project kick-off through closure of the contract. Responsible for tracking execution of technical scope as defined by the design authority, with a focus of maintaining cost and schedule goals. Facilitates coordination of cross-functional engineering teams for internal engineering activities.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
• Supports program management and design team with development of program planning strategies, technical cost estimates, risk management, logistics management, preparation of data, status updates and preparation of presentations for internal/external customer reviews
• Leads a cross functional design team to develop a design and system architecture to meet the customer requirements for high technology hardware and software for satellite, telecommunications, and space related products.
• Provides Inputs for estimates to complete, reviews schedules, and coordinates with integrated product team (IPT) leads and program management office, as applicable
• Deciphers technical contractual requirements and allocates them to the appropriate engineering teams
• Manages and addresses the technical Supplier Data Requirements List (SDRL) and Contract Data Requirements List (CDRL) items and other applicable contract deliverables
• Manages planning and work packages: initiate, create, authorize, review, distribute, status work package
• Assesses project technical risks and provides mitigation plans
• Coordinates the review, presentation and release of design documentation to support requirements compliance, including Technical Interchange Meetings, Preliminary and Critical Design Reviews
• Coordinates with the Program Manager (PM), design team and functional management to communicate program impediments or issues / delays in completing tasks
• Manages requirement traceability through verification, using tools such as a Requirements Verification Matrix
• Travel as necessary to attend conferences and customer meetings