Kratos provides leading-edge capabilities for communication with satellites, spacecraft, missiles, and airborne platforms. From factory test to flight, from ground data networking to RF Links – commercial, intelligence, and defense users trust Kratos to solve their most difficult RF problems.
At Kratos, we encourage an entrepreneurial spirit balanced with fiscal and operational discipline. We work hard, we solve hard problems, and we look out for and take care of our customers, each other, and our families. Protecting and enabling our nation and global customers through innovative aerospace solutions is what motivates us. We continually build trusted relationships with our peers, our partners and customers, and we take ownership for our actions—always striving to do the right thing.
The Advanced Programs Project Manager position is an exciting opportunity based in Colorado Springs, CO that encompasses dimensions of Project Management and leadership with knowledge of Systems Engineering and Radio Frequency technologies. The successful candidate will work directly with the Advanced Programs team to build both our technical offerings and business pipeline by effectively executing existing programs, and by listening to, and responding to, other customer needs.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
- Lead highly technical engineering teams on challenging projects and manage project technical and business baselines.
- Manage the technical, schedule, quality, and cost objectives for customer programs in our Advanced Programs business area.
- Work with our engineering experts to provide technical advice to our customers on architectures and potential solutions.
- Properly managed classified information and activities.
- Manage the capture of new business for existing and new customer accounts – including generating quotes and leading proposal efforts.
- Pursue business development opportunities that employ products and/or broader end-to-end solutions.
- Interface directly with customers to ensure project requirements are met and guarantee our performance exceeds customer expectations.
- Direct project personnel resources to accomplish milestones.
- Manage sub-contractors and vendors.
- Develop and deliver effective customer presentations (design reviews, status reports, kickoff meetings, test plans) demonstrating an ability to communicate comfortably at a system level.
- Report on project financial performance and schedule performance to senior management on a monthly basis.
- Travel as necessary to attend conferences and customer meetings.