GENERAL JOB SUMMARY:
Supervises employees engaged in receiving inspection, supplier source inspection, in- process inspection and final inspection/testing activities and has overall responsibility for the smooth workflow of inspection, measurement and/or production test activities across all production departments and all shifts, ensuring that quality standards and production schedules are met.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Sets, communicates and measures performance standards of assigned staff and retains responsibility for tasks even when delegated.
- Provides focused leadership in problem solving activities, escapes management and will be the focal point in holding team members accountable to progress in service to the business unit quality objectives.
- Trains employees on inspection, measurement, and/or test practices, Quality Management System (QMS) procedures, safety precautions/policies, and other company practices; may delegate on-the-job training of new hires or transfers to staff.
- Ensures quality requirements of parts produced are understood by manufacturing and inspection personnel alike. Works in partnership with manufacturing to ensure requirements are met.
- Ensure compliance with QMS procedures by staff. Evaluates processes and practices for more efficient and effective methods and initiates improvements.
- Plans and allocates equipment and labor resources to ensure that production schedules can be met. Resolves problems as they occur. Ensures that workflow continues.
- Ensures that inspection, measurement, and test equipment is calibrated, maintained and repaired as needed.
- Collaborates with manufacturing and quality teams on determination of root causes of non-conformances. Collects data, analyzes data and develops actions to prevent recurrence and improve performance.
- Completes all paperwork timely and accurately. Develops, trains and ensures department personnel complete required paperwork timely and accurately.
- Coaches and counsels direct reports on a regular basis to ensure performance issues are addressed in a timely manner and to promote effective communication. Initiates disciplinary actions, evaluates performance, recommends wage actions, and hires new department personnel.
- Ensures that the work area and equipment are kept clean.
Other Job Functions