GENERAL JOB SUMMARY:
Perform software engineering tasks related to the design, implementation, test, and validation of autonomous aircraft flight control software, and higher level autonomy functions here at KUAS.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
The duties and responsibilities listed below apply to all levels of Flight Control Software Engineers. Each successive level of Flight Control Software Engineer builds on job functions listed for the previous level(s) of Flight Control Software Engineer.
- Software architecture definition.
- Design and implement operator interfaces, autonomous logic algorithms, waypoint following, and path generation algorithms.
- Support subsystem testing and verification.
- Flight test planning, execution, and analysis.
- Support various hardware/software design, test, troubleshooting, and documentation activities.
- Derive subsystem requirements and specifications.
- Analyses in support of requirements generation, verification, and validation.
- Prepare formal, controlled engineering documentation (i.e.test procedures, technical reports, etc.).
- Prepare and present design review material in support of technical interchange meetings with suppliers and external/internal customers.
- Support customer training activities.
- Foreign and domestic travel to support flight test activities.
Flight Control Software Engineer I
- Performs moderate engineering tasks as assigned by their manager.
- Acts as lead engineer as required for various contract deliverables.
- Presents design review and technical interchange material to major customers.
- Develop analyses in support of requirements generation, verification, and validation.
- Provides onsite support during various test activities.
- Mentors Level I Flight Control SoftwareEngineers.
- Supports business development efforts in preparation of proposals.
Flight Control Software Engineer III
- Performs complex engineering tasks as assigned by their manager.
- Supports program planning of engineering activities through detailed scope definition.
- May act as System Engineer to help communicate top level requirements to subsystems and determine proper verification and validation methods.
- Reports progress on engineering efforts to technical leadership.
- Provides direction and oversight, both technically and programmatically, to Flight Control Software Engineers.
- Establishes and maintains best practices for design, analysis, and testing responsibilities held by the Guidance, Navigation, and Control group.
- Mentors Level I-II Flight Control Software Engineers.
Flight Control Software Engineer IV
- Provide oversight to the Flight Control Software group to help prioritize and delegate group work given the company’s programmatic requirements.
- Manages the engineering team’s effort and time within the budget and schedule provided for the task.
- Acts as key liaison for programs (both internal and external) on all matters having to do software development, design, and verification.
- Stays current on the "state-of-the-practice" through training and industry involvement/exposure, and mentors the Flight Control Softwaregroup with this knowledge.
- Mentors Level I-III Flight Control SoftwareEngineers.
Other Job Functions: