Kratos Space & Missile Defense Systems is seeking a Software and Controls Engineer to support High Energy Laser Programs at our Huntsville, Alabama location.
The candidate will be responsible for taking on portions of a system design. This involves establishing technical requirements based on stated functional objectives for the product. The candidate will analyze the requirements and establish a design path to meet them. The candidate will perform the detailed design work necessary to produce a fully functional prototype. The candidate will develop test plans to demonstrate performance meeting the technical requirements established. The candidate will demonstrate a willingness to learn and grow in their role as a team member.
- Work with cross-functional engineering team (mechanical, aero, thermal, software) to support UAS and directed energy programs
- Develop firmware and applications to support UAS and directed energy systems sensors, controls, communication and data aquisition
- Conduct studies, technical assessments, and architectural level analysis of system to determine performance and effectiveness
- Engage in design review and discussions one-on-one and in groups
- Support system demonstrations and deployments as required
- Write acceptance test plans and reports
- Ability to maintain sensitive and confidential information as required by government standards
- Possess a valid driver's license and be able to obtain a government driving permit if required
- Ability to interact effectively with peers and supervisors\
- Ability to interact appropriately with the public when necessary