Kratos Space & Missile Defense Systems is seeking a Mechanical Engineer to support High Energy Laser Programs at our Huntsville, Alabama location.
The candidate will be responsible for taking on portions of a system design. This involves establishing technical requirements based on stated functional objectives for the product. The candidate will analyze the requirements and establish a design path to meet them. The candidate will perform the detailed design work necessary to produce a fully functional prototype. The candidate will develop test plans to demonstrate performance meeting the technical requirements established. The candidate will demonstrate a willingness to learn and grow in their role as a team member.
- Work with cross-functional team to support UAS and directed energy programs
- Design, manufacture, and build UAV and laser system components and subsystems
- Engage in design review and discussions one-on-one and in groups
- Support integration and assembly of the UAV and laser systems
- Support system demonstrations and deployments as required
- Ability to maintain sensitive and confidential information as required by government standards
- Possess a valid driver's license and be able to obtain a government driving permit if required
- Ability to interact effectively with peers and supervisors
- Ability to interact appropriately with the public when necessary