Kratos is looking for an Information Security Engineer in the San Diego, CA area.
Kratos Defense & Security Solutions, Inc. (NASDAQ:KTOS) develops and fields transformative, affordable technology, platforms, and systems for United States National Security related customers, allies, and commercial enterprises.
At Kratos, we encourage an entrepreneurial spirit balanced with discipline. We work hard, and take care of our customers, employees and families. Recognized as thought leaders in our industry, we are motivated by creating and delivering innovative solutions to our nation and global customers. We proactively build trusted relationships with our peers, partners and customers, and take ownership for our actions—always striving to do the right thing.
Kratos offers medical, dental, vision, life, short and long term disability insurance, 401(k) savings plan, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), paid time off, paid holidays, tuition reimbursement, and more.
The Information Security Engineer position is a member of the Kratos Information Security team who is responsible for protecting the company’s information technology assets from cyber-attack. This includes, but is not limited to: network equipment, servers, desktop and laptop computers, software and electronic information.
- Escalation point for the Kratos Security Operations Center on advanced issues
- Participate in security incident response activities when required
- Regular penetration testing against Kratos internal assets
- Improve existing processes and documentation for the InfoSec team
- Analyze detected malware to extract additional information and IOCs
- Confer with users to gather information related to security incidents
- Security tool integration and process automation via scripting
- Correlate disparate security indicators to find attack patterns
- Assist with the design and implementation of computer security policies
- Evaluate network architecture and hardware/software configurations for security vulnerabilities
- Participate in Information Security related projects and provide regular updates
- Maintain updated knowledge on the latest information security technology trends
- Assist with evaluation and implementation of solutions to improve security
- Write detailed reports on security incidents and related activity
- Promote a philosophy of security risk mitigation through proactive security awareness training
- Recommend changes to improve security related best practices for the organization
- Network traffic analysis to detect nefarious activity
- Maintain system hardening baselines for production system deployment
- Ensure currency and effectiveness of authentication, encryption, and intrusion detection methods
- Other related duties may be assigned