- Work with Program Manager and Engineering Leads to manage all subcontract cost, schedule and risk.
- Present subcontract status at program reviews to senior management.
- Leads program subcontracting effort to establish the overall subcontract plan, small business goals.
- Work with team members to review proposal criteria, analysis and evaluation of proposals.
- Participate in the make/buy trade-off analysis when determining subcontractor scope of work.
- Ensure compliance with all company policies and procedures, as well as customer flow-down requirements. Working knowledge of (eg, FAR/DFARS, ITAR, Quality Assurance, CDRL/SDRL, etc).
- Author and maintain subcontract SOW and PBS throughout the life of the subcontract, to ensure deliverables are in accordance with and traceable to the Prime contract scope of work.
- Report forward looking Key Performance Indicators (KPI) and Technical Performance Measures (TPM) to monitor subcontractor progress against program goals.
- Work with Program Scheduler to integrate subcontractor schedule into the overall program IMS. Evaluate schedule data for potential impact to overall program and implement corrective subcontractor action plans.
- Manage subcontract risks/opportunities to assess impact of changes, develop and manage mitigation plans, proactively manage escalation of issues to appropriate stakeholders, and manage scope risks.
- Review and approve all subcontractor SDRLs to ensure completeness, accuracy and timeliness within the requirements of the SOW and PBS.
- Visit subcontractor facilities, as required, to access subcontractor performance supporting program requirements and schedule, as required.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with subcontractors to ensure subcontract requirements are met and support growth of the business relationship between Kratos and the subcontractor
- Continue evaluation of new vendors base in support of maintaining a qualified supply source base, where needed.
- Cross-functional knowledge of Supplier Quality and Engineering as they relate to subcontract management.
- Previous Subcontract or Program Management experience with procurement process in Government acquisition.
- Ability to interact with senior management, vendors and other external personnel on significant matters often requiring coordination between functional organizations
Minimum Education and experience needed:
- BA/BS in related disciplines of Business, Supply Managenemt, or Engineering (Master's degree is preferred)
- Minimum of 4 years experience working in subcontracts
- DoD contracting experience
- Microsoft Office Suite experience with an advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Project Tool
Preferred skill sets/experience:
- C.P.M. and/or PMP certification
- Lean Six Sigma Green or black belt
- Deltek Costpoint/Materials Module (MRP)