GENERAL JOB SUMMARY:
Perform technical tasks related to design, prototyping, assembly, integration, and test of mechanical and ordnance systems related to rocket launch vehicles. In field support of mechanical and ordnance systems for rocket launch vehicles including test and integration, load-out and launch. Work with engineering staff to design and conduct detailed engineering tests of flight hardware including energetic systems and live explosives. Support modification, repair and upgrade of launchers and ordnance work stands, transfer and loading carts.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Assembly and checkout of mechanical and electrical rocket launch vehicle subsystems
• Integration and test of rocket launch vehicle subsystems
• Rocket launch vehicle assembly, loading and mission support including management of launch safety inhibits
• Performance maintenance and testing of ordnance transport and loading carts and fixed and mobile rocket launchers
• Assist engineers with fabricating and assembling prototype subassemblies for launch vehicles from schematics, rough sketches, and verbal instructions.
• Perform precision final flight configuration and calibration checks for launch vehicles
• Troubleshoot vehicle subsystems and mechanical ground support equipment to determine cause and remedy for interferences and malfunctions. Conduct engineering tests
• Assist in laboratory work
• Travel up to 45%
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Prepare Word documents, Excel spreadsheets and track schedules/budgets in Microsoft Project
• Other duties may be assigned
May supervise teams of up to 10 personnel