Kratos is looking for a Tax Senior in the San Diego, CA area.
Kratos Defense & Security Solutions, Inc. (NASDAQ:KTOS) develops and fields transformative, affordable technology, platforms, and systems for United States National Security related customers, allies, and commercial enterprises.
At Kratos, we encourage an entrepreneurial spirit balanced with discipline. We work hard, and take care of our customers, employees and families. Recognized as
thought leaders in our industry, we are motivated by creating and delivering innovative solutions to our nation and global customers. We proactively build trusted
relationships with our peers, partners and customers, and take ownership for our actions—always striving to do the right thing.
Kratos offers Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Short and Long Term Disability Insurance, 401(k) Savings Plan, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), Paid Time Off,
Paid Holidays, Tuition Reimburesement, and more.
GENERAL JOB SUMMARY:
The Tax Senior is responsible for preparation of corporate federal and state income tax returns, state sales tax returns as well as property tax returns. Additional areas of responsibility include Income Tax Accounting (ASC subtopic 740, f/k/a FAS 109), tax research and tax planning; working on projects to maintain and reduce the Company's worldwide effective tax rate and current tax liability, maintaining tax accounts, reviewing internal control documenation and assisting with due diligence.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Assist with preparation and recording of quarterly and annual income tax provisions in accordance with ASC subtopic 740 including analysis of book/tax differences
- Preparation of corporate federal and state tax returns, extensions and estimated tax payments
- Assist with preparation of sales and property tax returns
- Maintain analysis of tax accounts and prepare quarterly reconciliations
- Assist with tax related M&A and with integration and tax restructuring initiatives as required
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Other duties may be assigned