GENERAL JOB SUMMARY:
Verify and retain records on incoming or outgoing shipments. Compares identifying information of incoming or outgoing shipments to verify against bills of lading, invoices, orders, or other records. May route items to departments.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
The duties and responsibilities listed below apply to all levels of Shipping & Receiving Clerks. Each level of Shipping & Receiving Clerk has additional duties and responsibilities, as listed below.
- Maintains files and records of shipping and receiving documents for domestic and international transactions.
- Prepares documentation for shipment of materials, parts, finished goods and related items.
- Verifies incoming shipments for the appropriate items, records and signs for shipments.
- Verifies incoming shipments are free of damage or reports damage to Supervisor.
- Unloads and loads. Wide variety of freight from box trucks, flat beds, vans, etc..
- Checks items to be shipped against work orders to ascertain that quantities, destinations and routings are correct.
- Verifies that materials received are as ordered in both type and quantity.
- Routes incoming shipments and documents to the proper departments or destination.
- Ensures ERP is accurate with receiving of P.O.’s and out-process work orders.
- Follows Customer or internal Packaging Requirements, including labeling, and packages shipments sufficiently to avoid shipping damage.
- Identifies and reports part discrepancies.
- Uses a forklift truck, hoist, or other material handling equipment.
- Looks for dock safety concerns and when identified, reports them to supervisor.
- Follows all ISO procedures.
- Maintains a clean work area and ensures strict adherence to the 5S Standards.
- Drives company vehicles and sustains valid driver’s license to safely perform delivery functions in compliance with all regulatory requirements applicable.
- Loads, unloads and delivers material between Kratos and Customer locations via Company Truck.
- Makes sure to have appropriate authorization/documentation for all items transporting between facilities.
Shipping/Receiving Clerk II
- Works under general supervision.
- Trains less skilled Shipping & Receiving Clerks.
- Performs all Shipping and Receiving functions.
- Identifies process deficiencies and reports to Supervisor.
- Identifies part discrepancies and reports to Supervisor with recommendations for correction.
- Ensures that Hazmat materials shipped or received are accompanied with a Safety Data Sheet, as applicable.
- Maintains both Shipping and Receiving areas per company requirements and management direction without direct supervision.
- Understands and is responsible for shelf-life requirements and labeling upon receipt.
- Ensures that all export requirements provided by Trade Compliance Manager are adhered to.
- Completes Fedex and UPS shipments with minimal guidance.
Shipping/Receiving Clerk III
- Maintains the necessary government required security clearance for transporting, handling and shipping collateral materials and access to SCIF and SAPF when required.
- Works under minimal supervision.
- Mentors and trains Shipping & Receiving Clerk I-II.
- Creates documentation and assigns correct descriptions and UN numbers on bills of lading where applicable.
- Receives all “non-product” receipts.
- Provides input to Shipping and Receiving departmental work instructions and the related matrix.
- Ensures proper process is followed for RMA and RTV processing.
- Provides assistance to the Traffic Coordinator in performing negotiation, quoting, and specialized packaging development.
- Confirms that Customer or internal Packaging Requirements are followed, including labeling, and that shipments are packaged sufficiently to avoid shipping damage.
- Performs cycle count inventories, as needed for shipping/receiving packaging and supplies.
- Identifies and researches process deficiencies and inventory discrepancies and reports recommendations for correction to Inventory Analyst.
- Processes and documents incoming engine receipts via ERP.
- Provides backup support, as required, to the Traffic Coordinator.
- Assists Property Administrators and Inventory Analysts with audits, as needed.
- Assists Property Administrators as needed to perform shipping functions related to Plant Clearance approved dispositions.
- Performs safety inspections and reports any issues to the Shipping and Receiving Supervisor.
- Ensures that all export requirements provided by Trade Compliance Manager are adhered to
- Processes UPS and Fedex Shipments.
Other Job Functions – all levels
- Other duties may be assigned