Experience and Skills
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Develop and close new Army Ground Training Systems Opportunities
- Focus on coordinating pursuits, building customer relationships, identifying new opportunities, and winning new business
- Perform marketing research, capture and other business development functions as required
- Sales reporting, planning and forecasting
- Performs regular customer interface and communication
- Support quotations and proposals development
- Participates in relevant trade shows, industry days and seminars to stay abreast of customer strategies, goals and objectives
- Works with key vendors and suppliers as necessary
- Works with contracting and procurement offices
- Works with key consultants and advisors; advises the VP of Business Development for Army Ground Systems matters
- Define Army Ground Training opportunities, build pipeline and successfully capture opportunities
- Define and implement go-to-market strategy with VP Business Development and Business Lines leads
- Create and maintain account plans for each major customer
- Provide timely and accurate new business forecast updates and execute aggregate plans that deliver target bookings
- Must be a creative deal-closer with solution based selling background and track record of closing greater than $10M+ deals
- Develop and maintain Army Ground strategic capture strategy and marketing presentations for external and internal briefings.
- Develop and Execute customer engagement plans.
- Perform other related duties and assignments as required.
- Will be required to travel up to 50%
Non-Essential Job Duties (formerly Other Job Functions)
- Other duties may be assigned
This position may, but does not currently have any direct supervisory responsibilities.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Minimum 10 years’ experience with demonstrated success in business development and capture of contracts valued greater than $25M.
- Minimum 5 years’ work experience performing opportunity capture into US Army Ground Training Systems.
- Demonstrated successes reflecting the ability to “grow Army Ground business”.
- Demonstrated ability to work with senior business and government leaders and to provide leadership within the workplace.
- Working knowledge and experience with simulation and training acquisition organizations.
- Experience developing account plans and capture plans for new business opportunities.
- Experience in the following discipline(s): Business development, capture management, program management, simulation and training, acquisition processes, opportunity identification and qualification.
- Military, DoD, or civilian experience acquiring, fielding, or operating operations and/or maintenance training systems for Army Ground programs.
- Experience and knowledge of ITAR and US Export guidelines.
- Practical understanding of technology transitioning, product/market development, and marketing/product planning for US military applications (preferably specific to simulation and training systems programs).
- Knowledge of conducting and directing competitive product analysis using market research techniques and a diverse technical understanding of military service/agency needs and requirements.
- Must have proposal development/writing skills.
- Strong leadership skills, excellent communication (presentation, written, and verbal), and relationship building skills.
- Must be willing and able to obtain a security clearance.
- Ability to work flexible hours and conduct domestic and international travel as required.
- Team Player and Self-starter with entrepreneurial attitude willing to get hands on in the work.
- Deep access and experience with key US Army Ground customers
- Expert in MS PowerPoint Presentation Development.
- Strong skill in business writing – both technical and non.
- Familiarity and experience managing and utilizing CRM tools such as Salesforce.
- Familiarity with US Army Ground Systems, Requirements generation, New Technology initiatives and Army Ground user community
- Familiarity with DoD/Army budgeting processes
- Ability to interface with wide range of Army customers from influencers to decision makers.
- Demonstrated experience workingUSArmyExecutives and supporting related initiatives across multiple stakeholders.
- The ideal candidate may have a prior military background (current or previous Army ground vehicle operator, a tour at a Ground Vehicle Program Office, Schoolhouse or requirements development organization).
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Required: Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or a related field.
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Office environment
- Ability to stand and sit for long periods of time
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds
- Up to 50% domestic and international as required