Kratos is looking for an IT Security Application Management Engineer in the San Diego, CA area.
Kratos Defense & Security Solutions, Inc. (NASDAQ:KTOS) develops and fields transformative, affordable technology, platforms, and systems for United States National Security related customers, allies, and commercial enterprises.
At Kratos, we encourage an entrepreneurial spirit balanced with discipline. We work hard, and take care of our customers, employees and families. Recognized as thought leaders in our industry, we are motivated by creating and delivering innovative solutions to our nation and global customers. We proactively build trusted relationships with our peers, partners and customers, and take ownership for our actions—always striving to do the right thing.
The IT Security Application Management Engineer is responsible for maintaining and improving existing application control technologies and process within the Kratos enterprise environment. High focus on maintaining accurate OS and application inventory coupled with administration of IT systems that enable inventory control.
• System administration of application blacklisting & whitelisting technology
• Review security risk of applications before introducing into Kratos environment
• Document application security review findings
• Extract application inventory data from various sources
• Manipulate, merge and normalize inventory list data
• Maintain updated and accurate application inventory for the Kratos enterprise
• Respond to requests from users for application approvals
• Improve and document application inventory processes
• Provide regular updates and delta reports to management
• Maintain updated knowledge of related application management technology
• Identify applications in the environment that may introduce IT security risk
• Research and recommend alternative applications to improve security posture
• Escalate potential security issues due do specific application