GENERAL JOB SUMMARY:
Prepare surfaces for paint application. Apply protective coatings to metal and composite based product specifications using spray gun techniques. Remove protective coatings using chemical and mechanical methods.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
The duties and responsibilities listed below apply to all levels of Painters. Each level of Painter has additional duties and responsibilities listed.
- Paints production products using enamel, lacquer, polyurethane, elastomeric, and related finishes.
- Follows FOD (foreign object prevention) practices.
- Uses wet mil gauge for verification of paint thickness.
- Prepares surfaces for paint using pneumatic, mechanical and hand sanding methods.
- Operates shop related machinery to include HVLP spray guns, ovens, paint booths, pneumatic tools, common hand tools, and scales.
- Handles, applies, stores, and disposes of chemical paint removing compounds, paints, smoothing compounds, adhesives, sealants, and solvents.
- Must use a respirator when spraying primer and paints.
- Interprets and follow manufacturing orders and drawings.
- Completes production paperwork, including painting logs.
- Supports and exhibits the focus of zero defects as well as “right-the-first-time” approach.
- Inspects finished products for conformance to specifications.
- Complies with established safety directives.
- Complies with established QMS procedures.
- Maintains a clean work area and ensures strict adherence to the 5S Standards.
Other Job Functions
- Assists co-workers within immediate department as required.
- Assists outside department personnel per Supervisor’s request or approval.
- May occasionally perform common tasks outside the scope of this job description in support of production operations.
- May be cross trained and utilized to perform technical tasks outside the scope of this job description in support of production operations.
- Other duties may be assigned