Kratos Space is a leader in assured aerospace communication solutions and services. We are cutting-edge innovators and creative problem solvers working collaboratively to solve our customers’ toughest challenges. Kratos is valued for our ability to design and deliver leading edge, resilient solutions for aerospace communication, control, awareness and mission success across a continuum of offerings—from commercial to tailored custom solutions and integrated programs. We bring both the capability and confidence that our customers value and depend on.
At Kratos, we encourage an entrepreneurial spirit balanced with fiscal and operational discipline. We work hard, we solve hard problems, and we look out for and take care of our customers, each other and our families. Protecting and enabling our customer’s communication systems through innovative aerospace solutions is what motivates us.
We look forward to working with open, honest, caring and passionate individuals that want to bring their diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skills to help us continue to build a great company.
Kratos is seeking a Director of Facilities to join our team in Colorado Springs, CO. In this role you will provide direction and leadership for multiple Kratos facilities and create a safe and efficient work environment for our employees. Duties may include directing the facilities team, construction management, implementing policies and safety procedures, engaging with vendors and contractors, preparing and executing to facilities budgets, coordinating remodeling and refurbishment initiatives, and ensuring compliance with zoning laws.
The ideal candidate for this role must possess good communication skills, excellent organizational skills, and have hands-on construction and facilities project management experience. The Director of Facilities must understand the technical aspects of our properties, support efficient day to day business operations, mitigate risk, and ensure that our facilities continuously meet the needs of our business.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining the Facilities operational support model to efficiently and effectively meet the needs of the business.
- Identify and meet business needs through strong collaboration with business leadership, project teams, consultants, vendors, and property management partners.
- Responsible for overall capital asset management, on-site construction activities, leasing, maintenance, operation and facility renovation.
- Develop and maintain organizational policies and procedures and monitor their effectiveness.
- Provide leadership for our Facilities staff and resources.
- Oversee regulatory compliance including infrastructure, utility management, employee health and safety (EH&S), maintenance and code compliance with all relevant authorities.
- Responsible for contracts related to facilities assets, including building leases and vendor contracts.
- Create and direct plans for space utilization using data to plan for current and future office space needs.