GENERAL JOB SUMMARY:
With precision in execution and meticulous attention to detail, performs inspections at various stages of assembly and manufacturing, including first article, in-process, and final inspections, of complex machined/molded parts for conformance to specifications. Maintains accurate records..
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Mechanical Inspector ALL
The duties and responsibilities listed below apply to all levels of Mechanical Inspector. Each level of Mechanical Inspector has additional duties and responsibilities as listed.
- Prepare required inspection documentation such as written descriptions of inspection results including deviations from engineering specifications.
- Generate Discrepant Material Reports (DMR), process materials / items into and out of hold areas. Verifies remediation actions completed per DMR instructions.
- Perform Quality transactions in various systems: ERP (Cincom), DMR Log, Continuous Improvement Action Log.
- Cooperate with and support Engineering and Manufacturing efforts.
- Maintain a clean work area ensuring strict adherence to the 5S Standards.
- Comply with established safety directives.
- Familiar with KUAS Quality Management System requirements and follow procedures as applicable to Mechanical Inspector responsibilities.
- Maintain accurate time keeping.
Mechanical Inspector III
- Assist Engineering with special validation requirements (prototypes, pre-production builds; all of which may have limited information).
- Work from written or verbal instructions, detailed engineering drawings and 3D models.
- Able to set up, load program and run a programmable CMM.
- Participate when needed in design reviews on cross-functional teams to ensure that conformance to specification, inspect-ability, reliability, safety and quality system objectives are met.
- Provide Manual CMM On-Job-Training to Mechanical Inspector II.
Additional Desired Skills for Inspector III
- CMM Programming using PC-DMIS or other application language.
- A&P (Airframe and Power plant) certification.
- ASQ or Industry certification such as Mechanical Inspector, Auditor, or other quality function.
- Knowledge of Statistical Process Control tools (SPC).
Other Job Functions
- Other duties may be assigned