GENERAL JOB SUMMARY:
The Director Supply Chain Management is responsible for both strategic and operational execution of the Supply Chain organization, including development of department goals, objectives, and processes/procedures, as well as leading, developing, and managing staff to ensure suppliers deliver high quality products and services on time and at the expected/contracted cost. Areas of responsibility include Purchasing, Material Planning, Supplier Management (supplier sourcing, qualification, measurement, timely delivery of materials), and Subcontract Management here at KUAS.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Develops, drives, and reports progress on strategy, tactics and plans to ensure timely forecasting and supply of materials and services of the highest value in support of the operating plan.
- Leads the development and management of the supply chain organization, including material planning, purchasing, and supplier management.
- Provides leadership and guidance to the subcontract management function working closely with program management, production and IPT’s focusing on the initial phases of development and transition to production.
- Negotiates, implements, and maintains strategic supply agreements as required including non-disclosure, joint development, intellectual property and other agreements to ensure effective relationships with a base of critical and key supplier partners.
- Defines, implements, and continuously improves proactive supplier performance risk management ensuring insight into current and potential supplier performance issues with proactive mitigating actions preventing down stream performance issues and impacts.
- Represents the company with key customers and suppliers. Builds effective working relationships at the appropriate levels with external and internal organizations.
- Establishes and implements policies, procedures, and tools that ensure effective and efficient operation of all purchasing and supplier management functions.
- Provides leadership of material planning activities and material risk projects, including key cost saving or strategic purchases beyond immediate requirements.
- Provides data in support of reports, including metrics, as required for management, relating to purchasing, supplier management, and subcontracts.
- Ensures that all procurement and supplier management activities are performed in compliance with all applicable government regulations and corporate policies and procedures.
- Ensures appropriate and timely proposal support through attainment of supplier proposals and quotes.
Other Job Functions
- Directs and leads the Supply Chain organization, including purchasing, supplier management, and subcontractor management.