Kratos is looking for a Application Packaging and Patch Management Security Engineer in the San Diego, CA area.
Kratos Defense & Security Solutions, Inc. (NASDAQ:KTOS) develops and fields transformative, affordable technology, platforms, and systems
for United States National Security related customers, allies, and commercial enterprises. At Kratos, we encourage an entrepreneurial spirit
balanced with discipline. We work hard, and take care of our customers, employees and families.
Recognized as thought leaders in our industry, we are motivated by creating and delivering innovative solutions to our nation and global
customers. We proactively build trusted relationships with our peers, partners and customers, and take ownership for our actions—always
striving to do the right thing.
Kratos offers Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Short and Long Term Disability Insurance, 401(k) Savings Plan, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP),
Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays, Tuition Reimbursement, and more.
The Application Packaging and Patch Management Security Engineer is responsible for maintaining and improving existing application
and patch deployment technologies and process within the Kratos enterprise environment. High focus on OS and application prepackaged
patch testing, deployment, tracking and reporting. Custom patch and application package development.
• Manage the OS and application patch deployment lifecycle for the Kratos enterprise
• Test prebuilt OS and application patches for compatibility with Kratos standard OS builds
• Develop, test, and deploy custom patches to address security remediation requirements
• Prepare applications for deployment via endpoint management system
• Pre-deployment application compatibility testing on Kratos standard OS builds
• Identify and implement improvements for existing processes and toolsets
• Develop and manage application package version tracking process
• Manage patch and application testing environment
• Document all custom app package and patch builds
• Regularly communicate deployment status with IT Operations teams
• Partner with Kratos standard OS build developers to ensure compatibility and consistency
• Coordinate stage two deployment testing with IT Operations teams
• Provide status reports to IT management
• Assist with IT security incident response when necessary
• Respond to trouble tickets related to application and patch deployment activity
• Participate in cross training and knowledge sharing activities
• Maintain updated knowledge of application and OS security vulnerability announcements
• Other related duties may be assigned
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
WORK ENVIROMENT / PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Ability to stand and sit for long periods of time
Ability to perform repetitive motion (keyboarding, 10-key, phones)
Ability to lift up to 10 pounds