Experience and Skills
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Ability to maintain sensitive and confidential information as required by government standards
- Ability to interact effectively with peers and supervisors
- Ability to interact appropriately with the public when necessary
- Ability to adhere to workplace rules
- A working knowledge of government and military contracts, GSA, FAR and DFAR is required.
- The skill to independently define, schedule, and manage the proposal preparation process, including the ability to understand and analyze the details of an RFP is a must.
- Demonstration of the necessary personality and leadership skills to engage and motivate a diverse group of Engineers, Program Managers, Consultants and Subcontractors in a matrixed organization is required.
- Outstanding communication skills (written and oral); including a strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite is a necessity.
- Exceptional facilitation and organization skills are required.
- Ability to take direction and follow through independently on research activities.
- Sound interpersonal skills inclusive of written and oral communications.
- Ability to work effectively under time sensitive deadlines.
Desired skills and qualifications:
- Foreign language skills are desirable. Specifically French, Spanish or German. Any would be considered a plus.
- Be familiar with DoD, commercial and international acquisition practices.
- May be required to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
- Ability to make sound decisions in stressful business situations.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- B.S degree; Business Administration concentration is preferred.
- Direct and substantial experience with the final responsibility to orchestrate the development of large complex Prime contractor proposals is highly desired
- 10+ years’ experience in similar activities, or directly related work experience.
- Experience in leading a matrix organization.
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Office environment.
- Ability to stand and sit for long periods of time.
- Ability to perform repetitive motion (keyboarding, 10-key, phones).
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds.
- 0-5% May be required between KUAS locations