GENERAL JOB SUMMARY:
Trims, grinds, drills and sands composite parts to precise dimensions. Mixes and applies appropriate adhesives to bond parts.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
The duties and responsibilities listed below apply to all levels of Composite Assemblers. Each level of Assembler has additional duties and responsibilities listed.
- Performs a variety of tasks, which require knowledge of fabrication techniques, materials, tools and equipment.
- Follows FOD (foreign object prevention) practices
- Interprets and follows manufacturing orders.
- Operates shop related machinery including, but not limited to, ovens, pneumatic tools, common hand tools and scales.
- Handles, applies, stores and disposes of composite materials, adhesives, sealants, resins and solvents.
- Supports and exhibits the focus of zero defects as well as “right-the-first-time” approach.
- Inspects finished products for conformance to specifications.
- May work from verbal instructions.
- Complies with established safety directives.
- Maintains a clean work area and ensures strict adherence to the 5S Standards.
- Complies with established QMS procedures.
Composite Assembler I
- Works under close supervision.
- May work from engineering drawings.
- Prepares, abrades and bonds composite and metal-to-composite assemblies.
- Rivets both solid and blind rivets.
- May install electronic components.
- Performs hand layout of features for trimming and drilling in parts or assemblies.
- Meets or exceeds productivity and quality standards.
Non-Essential Job Duties
Other duties may be assigned.