GENERAL JOB SUMMARY:
The PPM owns : planning and execution of program manufacturing activities, resolving constraints, identifying and correcting negative trends, managing financial performance (estimates, ETC’s and labor performance), establishing and implementing corrective action plans, and interfacing with the customer community.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Interfaces with program manager(s) to establish, and document, production cost, quality and delivery requirements.
- Develops manufacturing related cost estimates (ETCs) and prepares them for ERP and company financial systems.
- Leads cross functional teams consisting of Planning, Manufacturing Engineering, Quality Engineering, Procurement, Manufacturing and Finance.
- Estimates cost (labor & material) associated with non-recurring and recurring production to include out of scope activities.
- Serves as direct interface between Production Operations & Design Engineering for assigned programs
- Participates in initial design phase to ensure:
- Designs are delivered in accordance with approved program schedule
- Manufacturabilty of new designs and design revisions
- Design activity takes considers cost to manufacture
- Identifies and corrects negative manufacturing performance trends with the Production Operations and Quality groups.
- Drives continuous improvement initiatives to improve safety, quality, profitability, and on-time delivery.
- Leads employees assigned to the IPT in a marix organization structure.
Other Job Functions
- May manage aftermarket support/depot activities
- Coordinates and host customer visits to manufacturing facility
- Maintains constant communication with Program stakeholders
- Assists with P&L responsibility for assigned programs