Kratos is a leader in assured aerospace communication solutions and services. We are cutting-edge innovators and creative problem solvers working collaboratively to solve our customers toughest challenges. We are a trusted partner—driven by doing the right thing and achieving maximum success for our customers, our partners and ourselves.
Kratos is valued for our ability to design and deliver leading edge, resilient solutions for aerospace communication, control, awareness and mission success across a continuum of offerings—from commercial to tailored custom solutions and integrated programs. Customers trust us to stay relevant and know we are in it for the long-haul. We bring both the capability and confidence that our customers value and depend on. And, we always deliver.
At Kratos, we encourage an entrepreneurial spirit balanced with fiscal and operational discipline. We work hard, we solve hard problems, and we look out for and take care of our customers, each other and our families. Protecting and enabling our nation and global customers through innovative aerospace solutions is what motivates us. We continually build trusted relationships with our peers, our partners and customers, and we take ownership for our actions—always doing the right thing.
We look forward to the attraction of open, honest, caring and fun individuals that want to bring their diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skills to help us continue to build a great company... for each other.
Kratos is seeking an experienced Contractor Program Security Officer (CPSO) to work at its Colorado Springs, CO facility supporting a complex range of classified programs. The CPSO will manage all security requirements for SCI and SAP activities. Activities include conducting security education and training, managing SCI and SAP nominations, investigating and reporting security violations, conducting self-inspections, overseeing foreign travel, and maintaining associated security paperwork and media control records. This position requires interfacing with Intelligence program offices, as well as the Counterintelligence Community on a regular basis. The candidate who fills this position will act as a primary liaison with management and customers regarding security issues to ensure compliance of applicable government regulations. Other responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Support multiple federal agencies with varying security standards and procedures, utilizing the JAFAN, ICDs, DoD Manuals, and other applicable directives, policies and procedures set forth by the DoD and Intelligence Community
- Provides day-to-day SCIF and SAPF management to include regular self-inspections
- Conduct SCI and SAP security education and training
- Provide initial security indoctrinations, debriefings, pre/post foreign travel briefings, annual refresher briefings and event specific training
- Responsible for ensuring pre-screening of candidates to mitigate risk to the government, and that accurate paperwork and information is submitted to the customers
- Investigate security violations and submit required reports to the government
- Maintain personnel security records and rosters
- Maintain oversight of COMSEC account and material
- Establish and maintain successful working relationships with government and internal customers
- Must have leadership skills and be capable of managing a team of security professionals, prioritizing and managing dynamic workloads
- Provides prime/subcontractor security support and direction including the development and maintenance of DD form 254's and security guidance
- Interacts with senior/executive management on matters pertaining to security policy and procedures
- Assists with the on-site guard force, alarm management, CCTV, and other physical security needs as required