Are you an excellent writer with a desire to become an expert in cybersecurity? Do you want to help the most leading-edge technology companies secure their on-premise and cloud environments? Do you want to gain in-depth knowledge of IT architecture, cybersecurity, and compliance?
As an associate security consultant technical writer, you will be teamed up with cybersecurity experts that observe, document, and interact with commercial customers to assist with documenting secure implementations and evaluations, and provide solutions for top-tier companies on the most advanced cloud and traditional infrastructures in the world.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced technical writer, highly organized and able to efficiently capture thorough information discussed in meetings, working sessions, and technical interviews and document reviews. This position with require documenting information security discussions and deliverables in a variety of circumstances while leveraging cybersecurity expertise to translate security requirements into common technical implementations. Experience working across multiple compliance frameworks (CMMC, DFARS, NIST SP 800-171, NIST SP 800-161, FedRAMP, DOD SRG, etc.) is highly desirable.
- Technical Writer:
- Writing, developing, editing and assembling technical publications and/or procedure documents;
- Documenting dictations during working sessions, engineering discussions, and technical interviews;
- Performing quality control activities on technical and non-technical documents;
- Reviewing written correspondence and artifacts to ensure final delivery is understandable to a first-time reader who possesses little knowledge of materials;
- Conducting research on a variety of technical and non-technical topics;
- Ensures the use of proper technical terminology; and
- Formatting client ready deliverables to include structure and consistency across tables, illustrations, captions, indexes, cross-referencing and spelling and grammatical checks.
- Team Member:
- Effectively accomplishes tasks with guidance from senior members of the team;
- Sequences and executes work efficiently in line with deadlines;
- Seeks understanding and clarification of project objectives;
- Communicates effectively to build confidence with client and project teams;
- Follows up-to-date and standardized templates to ensure work quality standards are met with minimal corrections;
- Builds mutually supportive working relationships, participates in team meetings, considers a variety of perspectives, and supports team’s goals and objectives;
- Assists colleagues in developing ideas by actively listening and asking questions to enhance project work;
- Demonstrates flexibility and resilience in response to changing or ambiguous work situations, while maintaining a positive attitude;
- Ensures self-adherence and communicates progress on projects/tasks, scheduling, and quality control; and
Communicates ideas to improve current service offerings, processes, work products, and templates.