GENERAL JOB SUMMARY:
The successful candidate will play a fundamental role in achieving our ambitious customer acquisition and revenue growth objectives. You must be comfortable making dozens of calls per day, working with channel partners, generating interest, qualifying prospects and closing sales. The successful candidate will be: (1) An individual that has a proven track record of exceeding sales quota; (2) an individual that has technical sales experience; (3) a curious individual who can clarify an ambiguous request for information; (4) someone who can develop an in-depth understanding of company sales databases; (5) a person that excels at working with internal stakeholders to advance the sale; (6) an individual that can adhere to a specific process and facilitate requests to meet specific deadlines through effective time management; and (7) able to clearly communicate results using a method which meet the needs of the audience.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Meeting and exceeding sales quota through pipeline development and closing sales.
- Develops sales opportunities by researching and identifying potential accounts; hunting into new accounts and farming existing accounts; building rapport; providing technical information and explanations; preparing quotations.
- Manage daily inbound leads by responding to web and e-mail inquiries; verifying and entering information.
- Assesses competitors by analyzing and summarizing competitor information and trends; identifying sales opportunities.
- Execute various call campaigns by leveraging lead sources derived by field sales, marketing programs, trade shows, business partners, etc.
- Present key selling points, features and benefits while remaining focused on the prospect’s needs and expectations.
- Conduct thorough lead/prospect qualification including the identification of projects, timelines, business benefits, technical fit, key contacts and budgets.
- Develops accounts by checking customer's buying history; suggesting related and new items; explaining technical features.
- Updates job knowledge by studying new product descriptions; participating in educational opportunities.
- Accomplishes department and organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.