Create cost effective design layouts, models and drawings that meet all customer requirements.
- Create layouts, models and drawings to support production.
- Provide support to Engineers for design of basic shelters and mechanical and electrical modifications including rack installations, ECU installations, entry panel installations, lighting, power distribution and other ancillary items.
- Attend job kick-off meetings and participate in design reviews with customers as required.
- Review and understand customer specifications and Statements of Work, including Technical Data Package requirements for the program.
- Follow all CAD standards and procedures used by Gichner Shelter Systems.
- Meet CAD schedules and budgets.
- Provide support to CAD Operators.
- Review drawings for design.
- Follow configuration requirements for documentation control.
- Interface with other departments to support the project.
- Contribute to product improvement, standardization and department improvement projects.
- Assist in providing CAD estimates as required
Other Job Functions
- Addresses problems than can be resolved by applying standard procedures or established practice.
- Develops solutions to routine technical problems of limited scope
- Can interact with Gichner sources to address problems
- Fact-finding and analysis is limited, as information is readily available
- Decisions have an impact primarily on quality, accuracy & usefulness of results
- Acts according to assignments from manager
- May participate in giving advice, guidance, and direction to CAD Operators as required.
This position does not require supervisory responsibilities