Experience and Skills
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED (all levels):
- Demonstrated understanding of Object Oriented programming principles.
- Demonstrated understanding of the specific characteristics and requirements of real-time software and systems.
- Demonstrated understanding of classic software development life-cycle.
- Ability to analyze and clearly document software requirements.
- Ability to travel as necessary to perform job duties.
- Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally to meet program requirements.
Ability to maintain sensitive and confidential information as required by government standards
Ability to interact effectively with peers and supervisors
Ability to interact appropriately with the public when necessary
Ability to adhere to workplace rules
Ability to effectively communicate professionally in writing or verbally with all levels of personnel
- May be required to obtain and maintain a U.S. security clearance at the appropriate level (requires U.S. Citizenship).
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Each successive level of Software Engineer builds on the identified education and experience qualifications listed for the previous level(s) of Software Engineer.
Software Engineer I
- Requires BS degree in Computing Science, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or other Engineering, Mathematics, or Science discipline, with appropriate software coursework and/or experience.
- Relevant experience preferred.
- Coursework or prior experience in C or C++ programming language, and data structures.
- Coursework or experience with software version control tools, debugging tools, and test methods.
Additional Desirable Skills:
Coursework or other experience with MatLab / Simulink, or other system modeling.
Familiarity with principles of Personal Software Process/ Team Software Process
Familiarity with principles of Test Driven Development
Familiarity with aerodynamic concepts and principles.
Experience with Java
Software Engineer II
- Requires BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or other Engineering, Mathematics, or Science discipline, with appropriate software coursework and/or experience.
Fluency and 3 + years experience in real-time C and/or C++ software development.
Fluency with dynamic data structures and data management.
Fluency and 2+ years experience in real-time software and systems development.
Experience with Code Management tools and principles.
Experience with dynamic data structures.
Experience with hardware/software integration.
WORK ENVIROMENT / PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Office and or manufacturing environment
Ability to stand and sit for long periods of time
Ability to perform repetitive motion (keyboarding, 10-key, phones)
Ability to lift up to 25 pounds
May work extended hours or weekends.
5-10% May be required between other KUAS locations