Kratos is a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment that is team oriented and relationship driven to foster innovation and creativity within the space industry. Our motto "From Strength to Success" reflects a commitment to continually leveraging our technical and intellectual strengths for the ultimate success of our customers. The Federal Solutions Group is a leader in satellite command and control solutions focused on DoD, Civil (NOAA/NASA), and classified customers. We are an agile and innovative solutions provider in that we integrate Kratos-developed products with 3rd party software, as well as design and develop new tools and applications to provide end-to-end systems that solve mission unique requirements.
Kratos Space Federal is seeking a Director of Contracts supporting our businesses in Colorado Springs, CO, Denver, CO Northern, VA and Lanham, MD.
The qualified candidate will be responsible for the following duties:
- Direct the full range of contracting activities including proposal development, contract negotiation, administration, and close out to ensure delivery of business results and compliance with Kratos policy and government regulations
- Communicates corporate and business unit objectives to contract department
- Establish highest-level contract policies and processes to ensure achievement of corporate expectations
- Approve and implement new and revised contract policy and process
- Participate in development of business alliances, source selection procedures and process, make or buy determinations, and risk management directives
- Provides career development and training opportunities for contract professionals
- Performs in a cross-functional role for other business elements, e.g. finance, operations
- Provides guidance and leadership to cross-functional business team members
- Ensures appropriate contract staffing and budget levels