Experience and Skills
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
Ability to maintain sensitive and confidential information as required by government standards
Ability to interact effectively with peers and supervisors
Ability to interact appropriately with the public when necessary
Ability to adhere to workplace rules
- Must have prior experience with avionics/aircraft maintenance.
- Strong decision making abilities
- Strong isolation & troubleshooting skills
- Must be able to demonstrate accurate basic math skills.
- Must be able to read schematics and drawings
- Demonstrates proficiency at electronic assembly, soldering, crimping, splicing, harness fabrication, and control panel building
- Must be able to test & isolate failures to components
- Must be able to install components.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
The education and experience listed below apply to all levels of Aircraft / Avionics Techncian. Each successive level of Aircraft / Avionics Technician has additional proficiencies with the education and experience listed.
Aircraft / Avionics Technician I
- Must have High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of 2 years avionics/aircraft maintenance experience.
Aircraft / Avionics Technician II
Aircraft / Avionics Technician III
WORK ENVIRONMENT / PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Office, production/manufacturing and outside environment
Ability to stand and sit for long periods of time
Standing, walking, bending, reaching and working from slightly elevated surface on a regular
Must perform and/or assist all activities normally found in aerial target maintenance, including the use of hand and power tools, lifting heavy objects, and working with industrial chemicals and adhesives such as epoxy, grease, jet fuel, oils, and cleaners
Employee may generate, handle, manage, or work around hazardous materials and hazardous wastes.