Kratos Defense & Rocket Support Services is currently seeking a Junior Financial Analyst to support a NAVSEA business financial manager (BFM).
Looking to jump start your career or change profession? This position is a great starting point for a career in Government financial management and will provide skills to build on for long-term growth. Our Navy clients are always in need of qualified financial managers and we have the staff to assist with the required on-the-job training. DoD Secret Clearance a plus.
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Daily management of Navy accounts where funds are executed (spent) to support the Navy’s ships, systems, and warfighters.
- Create purchase requisitions and associated statements of work for the disbursement of Navy moneys across several types of funds or appropriations (procurement, maintenance, ship construction, etc.) through the Navy Enterprise Resource Planning (N-ERP) System
- Ensure all purchasing documents comply with NAVSEA policies. Track purchase requisitions through a weekly report. File purchase documents on network.
- Monitor the status Navy funds through N-ERP and update weekly and monthly reports, obligation phasing plans, expenditure phasing plans, spend plans, briefing slides, and ad hoc reports.
- Inquire of warfare center personal the status of funds provided and the estimated obligation and expenditure dates. Obtain confirmation that unspent expired funds can be recovered.
- Manage Task Planning Sheets (TPSs) in the NAVSEA Enterprise Planning System (NEPS). Review TPSs to ensure compliance with NAVSEA guidelines. Inquire of warfare center personal status of TPSs. Generate TPS status reports for BFM.
- Create and update training and process documents. File documents on network.