- Analyze current courseware and curriculum and determine compatibility with current primary warfare and service support training objectives, using the military Standards and Instruction guidance, as part of the PADDIE process: NAVEDTRA 130 series, Navy End-to-End (E2E).
- Prepare and deliver reports, studies, briefings, or point papers containing findings/results and recommendations for achieving training objectives.
- Lead, train, and supervise a team of subject matter experts to review of current courseware and design technology-delivered courseware focused on teaching highly technical content for the military training environment.
- Review and approve training planning data to include: resource requirements (manpower, personnel, and training); follow on training recommendations including justification and impact; the training considerations that form the basis for functional characteristics of the instructional delivery system; and functional characteristics requirements.
- Review documentation of design strategy documents to ensure courseware development is aligned to customer requirements.
- Develop training planning data to include: the training considerations that form the basis for functional characteristics of the instructional delivery system; and functional characteristics requirements.
- Implement adult learning theory into design deliverables, courseware, and supplemental training materials.
- Guide, review, and approve the sequence of learning experiences based upon learning psychology, behaviorism, cognition, and information processing.
- Develop testing instruments to pretest learner's previous learning levels; measure affective, cognitive, psychomotor, and performance accomplishments during formative and summarive evaluations; test achievement at the end of a course of instruction.
- Modify, maintain, and refresh training courseware and curriculum as necessary to ensure training and education courses meet overall training objectives.