ABOUT KRATOS TURBINE TECHNOLOGIES
Kratos Turbine Technologies (KTT) is focused on the development and production of small, affordable, high-performance jet engines for cruise missiles and unmanned aerial systems (UAS). We provide turbomachinery and propulsion related solutions across a broad range of industry applications. Kratos also provides engineering services, testing services, and material solutions for military and commercial engines, space propulsion, and industrial power-producing applications. Kratos leverages cross-industry capabilities to deliver innovative, cost-saving solutions for its customers.
The Engine Systems Electrical Engineer is responsible for the design, fabrication, integration, and verification of engine electrical and electronic systems. In this role you would represent the Mechatronics team during engine-level trades, interfacing with other teams including mechanical design and structures teams to determine system requirements and engine systems hardware & software integration. The engine systems EE will also be involved in the manufacturing, assembly and test of the engine system avionics through flight test operations.
- High-level, functional design and development of engine avionics systems for KTT gas turbine engines
- Create and maintain detail design drawings of electronic and electrical interconnect systems
- Perform daily management and design work for development and integration
- Develop system and component requirements and interface documents
- Create & maintain engine-level performance metrics including power and energy balance, link budgets, control system and instrumentation channel allocations, etc.
- Work with cross-disciplinary teams to determine solutions for electromechanical component packaging, thermal and environmental management, electrical interfaces, system integration and test
- Support system-level hardware-in-the-loop development and test
- Support engine/vehicle integration operations and testing
- Verification and validation process for engine avionics, electrical, and electro-mechanical systems